UnLtd and Channel 4 have just launched a simple programme which might help someone prime some work for a community asset transfer. Below is lifted from the Unltd website.
About the Programme
The Spaces 4 Change Awards from UnLtd and Channel 4 provides funding and support to entrepreneurial individuals across the UK. We are looking for innovative ideas that unlock unused or under-utilised spaces for young people aged 16-25. Spaces that can be used to practice their cultural, creative or sporting passions.
What is available?
32 Awards of up to £5,000 for individuals or informal groups to set-up and run their own project and support from a dedicated Development Manager.
What are we looking for?
The Spaces 4 Change Awards will support individuals or informal groups with projects that:
- Unlocks unused or under utilised spaces in their communities;
- Benefits young people aged 16 -25 years old, and;
- Allows young people to practice their cultural, creative or sporting passions.
Your project must not:
- Be part of your paid employment;
- Involve political or religious campaigning;
- Involve activities outside the law or against public policy, or anything that encourages ethnic, religious or commercial disharmony;
- Involve employing people other than yourself to carry out most of the project work;
- Be used mainly to achieve academic qualifications;
- Be used to fund living expenses.