Interview at the Norton hall open day on July 11th 2010, Stevie Prior is the Norton Hall director who’s been involved in much of the negotiation over Community Asset Transfer. Here’s a sumary of her thoughts..
- “Delighted to have got to this stage, it’s been an “interesting process” and very useful “learning curve”
- there has to be a good relationship with city council officers
- there is a tremendous amount of work involved and you have to allow for that
- some elements – like legal aspect and dealing with the council in new ways gets “extremely serious and at times quite stressful”
- I think we’ve emerged a more robust organisation
- it’s enabled us to progress, which is what it was partly about anyway.
- there is a need for council officers to understand a little more about community development