John Freeman is a local resident and board member at Norton Hall and has been involved with the organisation for over 30 years. Here he gives his view on why community asset transfer is important.
Some key points:
- It’s always been a well used community facility
- The next couple of years will be challenging because of public budget cuts, but having the asset will help Norton hall through this period.
- He stays involved partly because there is a core team that have been committed to Norton Hall for many years – “it’s like a family”.
- The organisation has been through troubled times – I didn’t want to walk away then and now I was be around for the good times.
Advice to other community groups
- Ask lots of questions, keep pushing to get the answers you want and hold on, you will get the result you need.